Skip to content

Residence and work permits for Denmark

These pages contain information and downloadable application forms if you require a residence and/or work permit for Denmark.

Application procedure

A processing fee will normally have to be paid when a foreign national applies for a residence permit, an extension of a residence permit, or for a permanent residence permit in the areas of family reunification, studies, and work. Furthermore, a processing fee will normally also have to be paid if a person wishes to appeal a decision or request a reopening of a case.

The fee must be paid by the time the application, appeal, or request for reopening is submitted. The relevant authority (the Immigration Service or the Ministry of Integration) will not start processing the case until the fee has been registered as duly paid by the authority. If the fee is not paid in time, the application, appeal or request will be rejected.

Please, find more information in the menu to the left.