Skip to content

Application procedure for Student Visa

Below you can find information about the application procedure for student visas.

[No text in field]

As a foreign national, you can be granted a residence permit in order to study in Denmark.

There are three main categories of study which can warrant a residence permit:

If you are a Nordic citizen, you are free to reside, study and work in Denmark. If you are an EU/EEA citizen or Swiss citizen seeking residence in Denmark based on the EU regulations on freedom of movement, you may be subject to special rules. Read more about EU/EEA and Nordic citizens.

The processing time is in average two months. It will only be processed after all documents have been correctly submitted.

The application should normally be submitted in your country of residence. However, if you are in another country legally for more than 3 months. you may submit the application in that country.

The application must be filled in and handed in personally to the Embassy of Norway in Brasilia or to the Consulate General of Norway in Rio de Janeiro. The list of fees can be found on the website, under the links "Visas and passports" – "Visa and other permits" – "Fees".

IMPORTANT: All applicants must contact the competent representation of Norway in Brazil in order to schedule a visit to submit the application.  


Embassy of Norway in Brasilia:
Tel.: +55 (61) 3521 9800

Consulate General of Norway in Rio de Janeiro:
Tel.: +55 (21) 2586 7500

For more detailed information on how to obtain a residence permit for you studies in Denmark, visit the site of the Danish Immigration Services - please find the link below.

A processing fee will normally need to be paid when a foreign national applies for a residence permit.

Get more information