Skip to content

Work Permit - Denmark

Information about work permit in Denmark is available below.

If you are applying for a residence and work permit as an employee, both you and your employer in Denmark (e.g. the company, research institute, or sports club) must supply information for the processing of your application.

If you are a Nordic citizen, you are free to reside, study and work in Denmark. If you are an EU/EEA citizen or Swiss citizen and wish to reside in Denmark under the EU rules on freedom of movement, you may be subject to special regulations. Read more about EU/EEA and Nordic citizens here.

There are different application forms for different types of applicants. Each application form contains a detailed description of how you and your employer in Denmark should complete the form, and which documents you must attach.
Please see the links to the application forms on the homepage of the Danish Immigration Service here.

The application should normally be submitted in your country of residence.
The application must be filled in and personally handed to the Embassy of Norway in Brasilia or to the Consulate General of Norway (Rio de Janeiro), who, due to a joint Nordic agreement, represents Denmark in Brazil on these matters. Please see the list of consular fees here.

All applicants must contact the diplomatic mission of Norway in Brazil, in order to schedule a visit to submit the application.

Please find the contact information of the Norwegian diplomatic missions in Brazil here.

For more detailed information about applying for a work permit, please see the Danish Immigration Service's website.

Please note, that it is your own responsibility to obtain a residence permit if you are required to. If you work illegally in Denmark, you risk deportation, and you and your employer risk a fine or imprisonment.

Trainees and interns

You can be granted a residence and work permit if you wish to work in Denmark as an intern for a limited period of time. The work must be part of an educational programme ongoing in your country of origin.

A residence permit can be granted to trainees if professional or labour market considerations warrant it.

You can find further information on how to apply for a residence and work permit as an intern in Denmark by visiting the website of the Danish Immigration Service.